1.7.2 Employee Code of Ethics
The administrators of Alexandria Technical & Community Colleges set the ethical tone for the institution through both their personal conduct and their institutional leadership. Each employee should adhere to the highest ethical standards and promote the moral development of the college community. To achieve these goals, employees should support active moral reflection, dialogue, and principled conduct among themselves,
their supervisors, fellow administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the community at large.
Rights of Chief Executive Officers
An administrator should have the right:
- To work in a professional and supportive environment.
- To a clear, written statement of the philosophy and goals of the college; to participate fully in setting subsequent goals and policies.
- To a clear, written statement of conditions of employment, board procedures for professional review, and a job description outlining duties and responsibilities.
- Within the scope of authority and policy, to exercise judgment and perform duties without disruption or harassment.
- To freedom of conscience and the right to refuse to engage in actions which violate professional standards of ethical or legal conduct.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 1/29/07
Last Date Revised: 1/29/07