Any student receiving an incomplete (I) will have until the due date established by the faculty or the end of the first half of the next semester, whichever comes first, to complete the requirements of the course or the grade will automatically become an F.
Incomplete grades are approved under two conditions:
- when a leave of absence is in effect or
- when a student and an instructor have a mutually agreed upon plan of completion.
If the instructor agrees to grant an incomplete, the following conditions must be met:
- the student must be making satisfactory progress and cannot be on probation, unless there are mitigating circumstances,
- 75% of the coursework must be completed at the time of the request,
- the earned grade for the completed coursework must be at a passing level, and
- the completion plan should identify the unfinished work and set up a completion timeline, which is a date no later than the end of the first half of the next semester.
Plan of Completion Procedure
The plan of completion should identify the unfinished work and set up a completion timeline. This completion plan should be submitted to the Registrar at the same time grades are entered. Any incompletes remaining on the student's record based on the above timeline will be changed to F's.
Note: If the student receives an F, the last date of attendance will be the end of the preceding term.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 10/31/11
Last Date Revised: 10/31/11