3.37 Transcripts from Other Colleges
It is the policy of the Alexandria Technical and Community College (ATCC) to inform students of the need for and the benefit of providing transcripts from other colleges. If a student withholds pertinent information during the admissions process, it may result in suspension from the college. ATCC receives education records electronically from MnSCU colleges if a student has attended that college after 1990.
- Students applying for admission must submit all college transcripts prior to being admitted to a program major.
- During the program admission process, students will be informed of this policy and Admissions will ask the student to request official transcript(s), with the exception of the transcripts that are available electronically.
- Prospective students will be asked during the interview about other college attendance/transcripts and be reminded of the requirement of getting all transcripts to ATCC.
- The letter telling of interview time and date will also encourage them to request other college transcripts, with the exception of the transcripts that are available electronically.
- If a student completes a course(s) from other colleges after we have accepted the student, any negative impact from those resulting grades will not constitute withholding pertinent information.
- An unofficial transcript will be sufficient for acceptance if the student is still in school.
- Official transcripts must be on file once they are available
- An official transcript is required to complete the admission process into a program major.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 8/03/11
Last Date Revised: 8/03/11