4.5.3 Student Drivers in School Vehicles
The following restrictions apply to any student, under any circumstance, driving school vehicles (i.e. student workers, field trips, conferences, pickups/deliveries, traveling to class work sites, etc.):
- Students may drive school vehicles when traveling with an employee of the ATCC. This means the employee is driving a second school vehicle to the same destination at the same time. Exception: When driving school vehicles to/from job sites or deliveries/pickups in Alexandria.
- Any student driving school vehicles must have a valid driver's license.
- Before any student will be allowed to drive a school vehicle, the student must provide their instructor or supervisor with a copy of their current driver’s license and/or complete a "Vehicle Use Agreement" form. ATCC will obtain a copy of his/her motor vehicle report from the appropriate state agency. The motor vehicle report must then be reviewed and approved by a designated college official before the student is authorized to drive a school vehicle.
- Students will be deemed eligible or ineligible to drive college vehicles based on the criteria listed at:
- Students who plan to use a college vehicle must make this request by contacting the switchboard operator/receptionist. If all college vehicles are in use, priority will be given to those going on longer trips. All releases and/or requests concerning this topic should be directed to the switchboard operator/receptionist.
- Approval must be obtained from the college president or designee prior to the actual travel. Without such pre-approval, student drivers are strictly prohibited.
- Students must abide by all State and Federal motor vehicle laws.
- Students must abide by the policies and procedures listed in 4.5.1 College Vehicle Policy.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 12/22/08
Last Date Revised: 12/22/08