The Liberal Arts & Sciences Associate in Arts (AA) degree is a 60 credit degree that is intended for students who plan to transfer to another public or private institution to complete a bachelor's degree. The degree is designed to satisfy the first two years of a bachelor's degree and includes the entire 40-credit Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, which meets the general education requirements at public four-year universities in Minnesota. Unique to ATCC's AA degree are the required elements of career and technical exploration.
Since transferring credits involves approval from the "receiving" institution, to avoid taking unnecessary courses, it is important to investigate and plan coursework. The college is prepared to work with students as they address transfer issues.
For more information visit Minnesota Transfer at www.mntransfer.org.
Benefits of This Degree
- Access to the most widely recognized undergraduate transfer degree available
- Individualized advising
- Flexible course scheduling
- Program may be completed online
The requirements of this degree include:
- 40 credits from the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum.
- 11-16 general elective credits
- 2-3 credits information literacy electives
- 1-3 credits wellness electives
- 1-3 credits workplace skills/career exploration electives