The Law Enforcement Career Transition program is designed for students who have been granted an associate degree or higher from an accredited college and wish to transition into the field of law enforcement. It contains both the academics and hands-on skills training required to meet the Minnesota Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Board licensing requirements. This program consists of 20 academic credits and 15 skills credits. Program completion time is determined by the student and the chosen instructional delivery method. The onsite delivery method has a defined 26 week completion period while the online method is flexible to the individual student. The skills portion is only offered during summer semester. Students may choose the delivery method that best fits their individual needs (onsite, online, or blended).
- Onsite: Spring semester academic coursework followed by summer skills training
- Online: Various academic coursework offered during summer, spring, and fall semesters followed by onsite summer skills training (First responder required prior to taking MN PO ST test)
- Blended: Choice between online and onsite academics followed by onsite summer skills training
- The student must have been granted an Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college.
- The student must acknowledge having been advised of the requirements to enter into the summer skills training portion. Click here for form.