The Truck Driving program has been training professional truck drivers for industry for over 30 years. Using modern equipment, the course offers instruction and training in forklifts, straight trucks, and tractor trailer combinations, including doubles. Most students log approximately 2,000 to 2,500 miles behind the wheel prior to graduation.
Alexandria Technical & Community College prepares students according to industry standards. Applicants of the Truck Driving program undergo a personal interview and must:
- have a valid driver's license
- have a driving record free of any serious moving violations within the past 12 months
- pass a Department of Transportation physical examination
- pass drug and alcohol testing
ATCC Truck Driving
- ATCC continues to be innovative in the industry using new technology and training equipment.
- ATCC Truck Driving program improves the professionalism, competency, and image of the trucking industry.
- The college listens to the customer and provides the special services and courses that they require.
- Trucking directly impacts every Minnesota industry.
- ATCC is a member of NAPFTDS (National Association of Publicly Funded Truck Driving Schools)