The IT Department supports student access to current and emergent computer and information technologies. The IT Department is a computer and technical support operation that:
- Administers the Laptop Lease program
- Provides technical support for the laptop lease program
- Leases program specific items such as calculators and voice transcription machines
- Disperses ATCC Student ID card
- Disperse student parking permits
- Assists students with technology accounts
- Provides general technical assistance to student
The IT Department does not work on personal laptops or personally owned equipment; however, it does help students setup the wireless network on their personal computers. The IT Department is able to recommend solutions to technology questions students may have.
All currently registered Alexandria Technical & Community College students may lease a laptop computer from ATCC on a semester or weekly basis subject to computer availability. In addition, there are several program areas that currently require students to lease laptops from the college. Click here for a complete list of required programs.
New laptop users, who are required to lease a laptop, must register for and attend a 2-hour orientation prior to being issued a laptop. Students receive their laptops during the orientation class. Please refer to the Laptop Info & Distribution sheet for returning second-year student information, laptop lease costs, and laptop insurance information.
While providing students with extraordinary, flexible access to a college computer and ensuring uniformity of computers used in the classroom, Alexandria Technical & Community College's Laptop Lease Program offers many advantages:
- Students are spared most if not all of the software costs
- Program specific software customized to your major is included
- Free hardware and software support provided on leased laptops
- Leased Laptops are uniform and imaged specific to each program
- Very little to no down time
- Opportunity to purchase a laptop at a discounted rate
- Students are not exposed to the financial risk of purchasing a computer
- The Student Help Desk is unable to fix or repair personally owned laptops
Student Parking Permits
Parking Permits are required for all vehicles parking on-campus and new permits are issued each academic year. Please refer to the Student Parking Permit sheet for lost or stolen permits and information on obtaining a permit or permit waiver.
Please visit 5.20 Parking Policy for complete information on Alexandria Technical & Community College's Parking Policy.