Jobs can be found both in and outside of Minnesota. Agencies from across the United States recruit ATCC students and occasionally conduct portions of their applicant testing at the college facility. The Law Enforcement program at ATCC has an excellent reputation of quality among all levels of law enforcement agencies.
In looking at the employment forecast, students may find a career change to law enforcement, security, or dispatch to be of interest.
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
US Bureau of Labor Statistics
In looking at the employment forecast from a variety of venues, a career change
into law enforcement may be of interest to you.
- 2009 Federal Stimulus Package = $1 billion to hire additional police
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Police Officers 11% growth
- Detectives and Criminal Investigators 17% growth
- Correctional Officers and Jailers 16% growth
- Security Guards 16.9% growth: 2006 - 2016
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Police Officers - 463 job openings in Minnesota from 2008 to 2009
- Where the Jobs Are 2009 (52,000 Security and Protections Jobs)
- Police Officers & Sheriffs Deputies (ranked 48 of top 150) 10.8% growth
- Detectives & Investigators (ranked 21 of top 150) 17.3% growth
- Correctional Officers (ranked 41 of top 150) 16.9% growth
- Careers to Pursue in a Recession = Public Safety (ranked 6 of 25)
Possible Job Titles
Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, State Trooper, Conservation Officer, Detective, Federal Bureau of Investigations Agent (FBI), United States Federal Air Marshall, Immigration & Customs Enforcement Agent (ICE), Border Patrol Officer, Jailer or Security Officer.