Income Tax Preparation
FREE Tax Return Preparation for Low Income Taxpayers
Do You Qualify?
You should have an income of less than $35,000 (or so) and not have any complex issues such as owning rental property, owning a business, multiple state income, or military income. Sorry, we would like to help our soldiers, but the returns are too complex.
Who Prepares the Return?
Alexandria Technical & Community College (ATCC) accounting students and other volunteers have been specially trained to help you with all the new credits, the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Dependant Care Credit, Rent Credit, and the Minnesota Property Tax Refund, if you qualify. Every return is quality checked and reviewed by instructors and supervisors.
Where and When?
DATES: Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 10 through April 9, except during spring break on March 10 and 12.
LOCATION: Room 703 of the Office and Information Technology Center
TIME: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. on a first-come, first-serve basis
Items you need to bring:
- Photo identification - REQUIRED
- Birth dates and social security information for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Wage and earning statement(s) form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (form 1099)
- Last year's return if possible
- Voided check with bank routing and account numbers
- Amount paid for daycare and the provider's identifying number
- Certificate of rent or property tax statements
- Minnesota K-12 education costs, college tuition statements (1098-T)
- Charitable contribution receipts
- Receipts for supplies, books, and internet access
If you just need tax help, come see us. We'll figure out what you need.