Collegiate DECA News Archive
Alexandria Technical & Community College Students Successfully Compete at International Marketing Conference
ATCC DECA students and advisors at the DECA International Career Development Conference in Washington DC.
Students from the Business Management and Marketing programs at Alexandria Technical & Community College competed at the DECA International Career Development Conference held in Washington DC on April 22-27, 2014. Twenty students competed with seven of them qualifying to compete in the final round of competition.
Results are as follows:
- Finalist Entrepreneurship, Growing a Business – Katie Hutt (Administrative Office Management)
- Finalist Entrepreneurship, Starting a Business – Lori Peabody Erickson (Marketing & Sales Management)
- Second Place in Financial Statement Analysis – Paula Pappenfus (Business Management and Finance & Credit Management) and Barb Koubsky (Accounting)
- Third Place in Financial Statement Analysis – Ben Olson (Accounting) and David Hughes (Accounting)
- Top 10 finalist in Professional Sales – Alexander Hildreth (Marketing & Sales Management)
Competitive events supported by DECA propel winners from local to state levels and finally to the international level. The success, confidence, recognition, and awards that students earn in this program are crucial to their success in marketing careers.
The Alexandria Technical & Community College chapter was also recognized with a Passport Presidential Award, the highest award a chapter can receive. Seven students were recognized with an Individual Passport award.
The Passport program is designed to recognize chapters and individuals that are active in activities that support DECA’s core values of Competence, Innovation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Author: ATCC Staff
Source: Alexandria Technical & Community College