It is the goal of the college to have well-directed, meaningful activities for the student members of the organizations. Therefore, it is expected that advisors will:
- Have a clearly stated mission statement, yearly goals, specific performance objectives, and program of work for the student organizations. At a minimum, these goals and objectives should include leadership development activities, vocational awareness activities, social service/civic consciousness duties, and student life activities. (Due to the Academic Affairs office no later than November 1. Stipend payment is processed after report is submitted.
- Establish a set of student officers with a minimum of the following functional areas addressed: (1) president (a member of the president's council); (2) vice president; (3) secretary; (4) treasurer; (5) historian/public relations. Responsibilities for each office are to be defined in the organization’s bylaws.
- Coordinate with the student senate and the other primary student organizations for the sharing of resources and activities.
- Establish, in cooperation with the Student Technology Access Team, an internal web site for the posting of club activities, minutes, and announcements.
- Ensure full compliance to all college policies related to student conduct during student organization events.
- Oversee the organization's budget to ensure proper authorization and documentation as well as not exceeding funds available. All expenditures must be co-signed by the designated student officer for managing the organization's funds. Expenditures during the summer months will be signed once the students return.
- Submit a written summary report of the activities accomplished by students and advisors. (Due to the Academic Affairs office by May 15 of each year. Stipend payment is processed after report is submitted.)
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 2/12/07
Last Date Revised: 01/24/07