3.16.4 Graduation Requirements
Alexandria Technical and Community College has a graduation requirements policy. In order to be eligible for graduation, a student must meet the following graduation requirements.
- Complete the requirements listed on the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) report for a specific program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (C average).
- Complete all the college and program-specific requirements; including general learning outcomes.
- Fulfill all financial and legal obligations to the college.
- Complete the graduation application.
- Students would have the right to appeal through the Academic Affairs Appeal Process.
220.127.116.11 Graduation Procedure
See 3.16.2 Commencement policy for details
- Students are to complete Part I of the Graduation Application, attach a DARS report, obtain advisor signature and submit to the Registrar's Office.
- Registrar Review: Priority deadline for the Registrar 's Office to review to determine if requirements are met is at mid-semester of the term prior to graduation.
- Graduation Program: Deadline for submitting information to be listed on the graduation program is April 1st.
- Advisor should review DARS report to verify progress and sign Part II if student has completed all courses satisfactorily to date and, if upon satisfactory completion of courses for which student is currently registered, he/she will be eligible for graduation. 'AU ', 'F ', 'FN ', 'FW ', 'NC ' or 'U ' grades will not satisfy requirements. In some programs, a grade of 'D ' will not satisfy program requirements.
If a student will not be graduating at this time, please return the form to the Registrar 's Office with an explanation.
- The Registrar, or designee, will make a preliminary review and notify the student and advisor of missing requirements for those requests submitted by the priority deadline. Final approval will not be determined until final grades are submitted and posted to the student 's record.
- In order for awards to be mailed, there must be no holds on the students ' accounts, such as Business Office, laptop, loan exit counseling (may be completed at http://mappingyourfuture.org). If a hold exists, awards will not be mailed until the Registrar 's Office has been notified that the obligation has been satisfied.
It is the student's responsibility to keep the college informed of address changes so that awards are mailed to the correct address.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 06/26/15
Last Date Revised: 06/15/15