4.5.2 Field Trip Policy
When proper procedures have been followed, it is the policy of the College to provide transportation to field trips and other college-related events.
- The College will then arrange transportation for programs that desire it for field trips, athletic events and for organized clubs within the college.
- It is required that faculty advisors going on a field trip complete and submit a Field Trip Form to the switchboard operator/receptionist. A requisition must also be completed and submitted to the Business Office to encumber the cost of the field trip. Every attempt should be made to provide at least a two week notice before the date of the field trip.
- Program budgets will set the parameters of transportation usage. Each program will be charged for each trip. The mileage cost may vary from year to year.
- It is mandatory that all groups using the transportation have faculty or administrative personnel on board.
- Scheduling of bus use shall be done through the switchboard operator/receptionist. It is also recommended that all members of the class or group use the transportation being provided by the college.
- Students who need an accommodation for a disability to engage them to fully participate in an off-site program activity should contact the Director of Support Services at Alexandria Technical & Community College.
- Employees on a field trip shall conduct themselves in compliance with the MnSCU Code of Ethics. All students on the field trip must adhere to the Student Code of Conduct.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 12/22/08
Last Date Revised: 12/22/08