5.13.2 E-Mail Retention Procedure
The e-mail retention procedures of ATCC will provide that all college e-mail accounts will be purged 90 days from the origination of the e-mail. All e-mails not archived by individual users or account owners will automatically be deleted after 90 days from being received or sent.
MnSCU Board policy 5.13, http://www.mnscu.edu/board/policy/513.html, requires that ATCC maintain secure and reliable network and communications systems. In accordance with this policy, actions to effectively manage the network resources and server storage capacity are required. Limiting e-mail storage to 90 days is one management strategy to achieve high levels of reliability. The procedures are also consistent with ATCC Network policy listed in the ATCC Computer Handbook. The procedures have been reviewed and authorized by the ATCC Technology Team.
Procedure Scope and Actions
All staff, faculty, and departmental e-mail accounts of the college will have information managed according to the following procedures:
- Sent messages will be deleted from the system 10 days after the item is sent.
- E-mail trash will be deleted after 15 days from being created.
- Received e-mail will be deleted 90 days after being received by the user.
- E-mail will be backed up for 90 days to restore damaged user accounts.
- E-mails can be archived on the individual's home directory or on their local hard drive. Archived e-mail is the responsibility of the individual owner and will not be identified by the college as institutional data.
- Calendars will remain on the ATCC calendar system for the life of the current e-mail version or a compatible upgrade. If lost, calendars will not be restored if more than 90 days old.
Student e-mail accounts are managed following the same procedures with the exception that e-mail received is deleted after 15 days.
The e-mail procedures outlined here will be implemented effective March 11, 2002.
Approved by: ATCC Leadership Council
Effective Date: 3/16/06
Last Date Revised: 3/16/06