The Intercultural Club meets weekly to plan and organize events on campus and in the community. We discuss topics surrounding cultural inclusiveness, and socialize with other students on campus.
The ATCC Intercultural Club promotes activities and initiatives that are designed to:
- Provide a connecting point for students of all cultural backgrounds
- Provide a connecting point to the Inclusion Network
- Provide a connecting point for community initiatives and organizations
- Provide opportunities to meet people from other ATCC programs, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Create intercultural understanding
- Understand and celebrate diversity
- Learn about traditions, beliefs, and lifestyle of different cultures
- Promote an appreciation of cultural diversity and ethnicity on our campus and throughout the community
The club meets in the Intercultural Center.
The club meets in the Intercultural Center. Email us to find out when our club is meeting.
Get Involved with the Intercultural Center!
Volunteer Opportunities: Intercultural Fair, Heritage Month celebration, academic Spanish/English tutoring, and talent shows.
Work Study: (Especially for, but not limited to, students of color and diverse ethnic background.) The Intercultural Center will attempt to use work study students in several capacities: 1) staffing the center, 2) Spanish translation of our website, 3) Spanish language assistance/tutoring, 4) assisting in the implementation of various intercultural activities.
Educational Services: Attend workshops, trainings forums, community presentations, community work.
Cultural & Educational Programs: You may have the opportunity to participate in forums, workshops, and celebration initiatives. We work to connect classes, students, and the community by celebrating heritage months.
Student Leadership Experiences: Intercultural Club, involvement in implementing various intercultural activities.
Community Resource Information: Provide opportunities referrals and opportunities that connect students with community organizations and activities.
Intercultural Library: Offering student referrals of intercultural material, limited collection of books pertaining to Spanish, Indian, African/American and Latino cultures.
To see who is involved in the club, meet the Intercultural Center staff.