Mechatronics student named SkillsUSA Minnesota State Secretary.

Feb 2, 2024 | 10:19 AM
Alexandria Technical and Community College Mechatronics student Eli Haakenson was named SkillsUSA Minnesota state secretary. Haakenson is a first-year student from Albertville, MN.

SkillsUSA Minnesota is an organization that partners students, teachers, and industry together to maintain the skilled workforce of the state and the U.S. The organization’s mission is to empower its members to become world-class workers, leaders, and responsible citizens who respect the dignity and ethics of work. SkillsUSA Minnesota has supported over 250,000 student members with leadership and training opportunities since 1967.

“I like the community that is formed by the members of SkillsUSA and that SkillsUSA is a student-led organization whose goal is to better the skilled workforce,” Haakenson said.

As the state secretary, Haakenson is responsible for keeping records of all chapter activities, preparing agendas, maintaining and distributing meeting minutes, and publishing the approved dates and times of all chapter meetings. He also assists with all SkillsUSA events in the local and state chapters while promoting the mission of SkillsUSA.

“I decided to pursue my current role as a state officer because I talked to former students and current students who have been positively affected by SkillsUSA, and I wanted to contribute what I can to give more people that opportunity,” Haakenson said.

Recent News: