Tutoring is available FREE OF CHARGE to all Alexandria Technical & Community College students. Tutors help students understand their assignments, prepare for tests, and improve their study skills. Students may receive tutoring from a Support Services instructor or from a student tutor. Instruction is provided one-on-one or in a small group.
How to Request a Tutor
Students may request a tutor by calling 320-762-4673 or emailing SupportServices@alextech.edu.
Students who receive tutoring are expected to:
- Attend classes regularly
- Schedule tutoring appointments and come on time
- Bring assignments and course materials
- Know their due dates and deadlines
- Have attempted the assignment
- Bring questions for the tutor
- Understand it is not the tutor's job to help complete the homework
Students interested in becoming a peer tutor need a recommendation from their instructor. Students need knowledge of the subject matter as well as patience and understanding in working with other students. Student tutors are paid the current work study pay rate. Tutoring must be done on the ATCC campus. If interested in becoming a peer tutor, please contact the Director of Support Services by emailing SupportServices@alextech.edu.